Come study in Lyon, rated the number one city in France for students! Lyon is France’s second largest city and an important European crossroad. Its remarkable location at the heart of Europe links Lyon, with an average of 90 minutes travel time, to all of the major European metropolises including Barcelona, Milan, Turin, and Geneva thanks to a network of communication by air, road, or rail. The proximity of Provence, the Mediterranean, the Alps, and the large wine regions adds charm to the Lyon area.
Lyon’s fine cuisine is an integral part of the local way of life. The city is the capital of French gastronomy and offers a choice between the popular charm of its famous bouchon bistros, the refined elegance of its two- and three-star gourmet restaurants, and the warm lively atmosphere of its open-air markets.
The 2000-year-old historic center is now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site; artistic creativity thrives and cultural activities abound all year round. Lyon truly offers a wide palette of cultural events of international standing.
- Creative Nonfiction Writing-Life in Lyon
- American Literature-Visions of France
- Interpersonal Communication – Finding Common Ground in Lyon
- Public Speaking – Parlez-Vous en France?
- Orientation session, welcome dinner, and farewell dinner
- Visit to Lyon and its 2000-year-old historic center.
- Visit to Lyon’s Roman amphitheater and Museum
- Cheese tasting
- Day trip to Beaune, a beautiful town in the world famous wine-making region Burgundy. Burgundy is also renowned for its mustard-making. Dijon, where the Dijon mustard is from, is the capital of Burgundy.
- Visit to the Institut Lumière, the birthplace of cinema
- French Cuisine cooking classes
- Visit to a small chocolate workshop
Use free weekends to travel in France and to Europe’s great cities including London, Amsterdam, Florence and Madrid.
Programs Cost: $6,800.00
Early bird special- $6,700.00 (Nov. 1st 2018)
Included in Cost:
- Group transfer between the airport and the accommodation upon program arrival and departure
- Housing in Homestay with breakfast and dinner provided daily
- Orientation program and a 24-hour emergency contact service
- All excursions and activities listed in this document
- Welcome dinner, farewell dinner, lunch on the day-trip to Beaune
- Public transportation pass
- Health insurance
- Students will have a metro pass that will give them unlimited access to public transportation (buses, metro, tramways) anywhere in Lyon and the surrounding area.
Not Included in Cost:
- College tuition and fees
- Course books or materials (unless specified)
- Passport and visa fees if applicable
- Any meals not specified in this document
- Personal expenses
- Anything not specified as included in the program
- Optional personal effects insurance coverage
Application Deadline: December 14, 2018
Final Payment Deadline: February 27, 2019
Program Dates: April 7 – June 15, 2019